Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sick Leave

I really needed a few days off from work, but I knew the
boss wouldn't give me time off. I thought that maybe if I
acted 'crazy,' then he would tell me to take a few days off.
So, I hung upside-down from the ceiling and made
funny noises. My co-worker asked me what I was doing. I told her
that I was pretending to be a light bulb so the boss might
think I was desperately in need of a few days off.
A few minutes later, the boss came into the office and
asked, 'What in the world are you doing?'
I told him I was a light bulb. He said, 'You are clearly
stressed out. Go home and rest for a couple of days.' I
jumped down and walked out of the office.
However, when my co-worker started to follow me, our boss
called out, 'And where do you think you're going?'
She said, 'I'm going home too. I can't work in the dark.'

No comments: